Author Topic: Attention all mappers.  (Read 4463 times)

Lordz

Attention all mappers.
« on: November 27, 2013, 04:56:51 PM »
Attention to all who posts maps here : There's been cool releases going on here and the server and it's Management is very much happy with that. Also, we do appreciate your mapping skills. However, most of the reasons why many maps just get ignored, even though it looks AWESOME is because of crossing the object limit. On a small area, when the object limit gets increased it creates streaming problems. If you want to check with it, you can try /party command.

For example, LeGGGeNNdA posts many maps which are really good. Though, the only reason why his maps were ignored before is because of MANY objects being used. On a party hall, 2D colorful objects are being used. But when it's being created in a pattern, many of them are being created.

If you really got many objects in a small area, while converting the codes, you can set it's DrawDistance too. Which is a new feature of 3x!

Code: [Select]
CreateObject(objectid, Float:X, Float:Y, Float:Z, Float:rX, Float:rY, Float:rZ, Float:DrawDistance);

DrawDistance has been limited since the release of 3x to 300 units. So, when the drawdistance is set to 100, the object will be displayed on 100 units, else if 0, it will be displayed in it's default units. Test it for yourself to know much more about it.

This is a map created by DeadSpirit, but edited and done with the 3x's DrawDistance rates by Kalcor. This might give an idea about setting the drawdistance of objects.

EDIT : Use http://convertffs.com for converting your maps with parameters easily. Take the below quotes too in concern.
Quote from: Incognito on SA-MP Forums
It is not recommended to use a high streaming distance for every item. This can drastically impact performance because it leads to more items being checked on each update. If an item's streaming distance exceeds that of the cell distance (600.0 by default), it also does not benefit from spatial indexing, which can lead to even worse performance. Only set high streaming distances for items which need to be visible from very far away (global map icons, for example).
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 06:19:59 PM by Mercer »

Offline Mortalis

• Retired Administrator
  • Mapper, Scripter, Modder, Kaito_Kid
  • In Game: Mortalis
Re: Attention all mappers.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 05:06:14 PM »
Now I see that it's possible. I didn't hear about it though, just now. I got one question, is the drawdistance can be used by CreateDynamicObject also? I mean the objects used by any streamer plugin such as incognito?

is the params will be like this:

Code: [Select]
CreateDynamicObject(objectid, Float:X, Float:Y, Float:Z, Float:rX, Float:rY, Float:rZ, Float:DrawDistance);
If it only exist in CreateObject, It will be a trouble also if the map got too many objects since 3x sa-mp server got only 1000 limit in CreateObject (actually 999 objects only in my experience)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 05:15:02 PM by Mortalis »

Lordz

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 06:12:38 PM »
DrawDistance is supported on Incognito's Streamer too. If you're building up the DrawDistance for 3x, use 3x's plugin itself to debug.

Offline Robert

• Retired Administrator
  • Making the server great again.That's a promisse ;)
  • In Game: Robert
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 06:33:45 PM »
if(Good_Reminder == 1)
{
return true;
}
[RB]
[RD]
[YG]
[    ]
I saw it's greatness, and it's fall.
Saw the full, and the empty.
The smiles and also the tears.
Lesson: YG is not only a server, it's a brotherhood.
Even closed, these bonds didn't disappear.
Welcome, and enjoy your stay ;)

Offline LeGGGeNNdA

• In Game: LeGGGeNNdA
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 07:31:02 PM »
I knew this, i just havent used it for my maps, because it isnt needed on my maps, even why they have lot of objects. I know other secrets to make those maps without bugs.
LeGGGeNNdA : You were a boss when I joined the srv and still now u are a boss , Freeaaaaaakk!! ahahaaha , Gonna miss your hunter skills xD! Bye meh!

I'll miss you Cooper :/

Lordz

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 08:06:15 PM »
I knew this, i just havent used it for my maps, because it isnt needed on my maps, even why they have lot of objects. I know other secrets to make those maps without bugs.
It's not a "bug", it's a common issue when many objects are called to be streamed. And the other secrets - yeah, good for you. :- )