Author Topic: Easy Modding using SAMI (Replace 100s of replacement files in seconds)  (Read 8249 times)

Lordz

Easy Modding - Using SAMI
Replace 100s of replacement files in seconds!

Hey all, it's been a while since I've posted any tutorials to this board. And today, [YG]Koro was showing some of his mods to me which inspired me to create some mods related tutorial. There's many modders around this forum so to those who feel difficulty in replacing many files to install their mods, this tutorial would be quite useful to replace stuffs in seconds.

Requirements

? SAMI - SanAndreas Mod Installer  | Download : http://www.thegtaplace.com/downloads/f1001-san-andreas-mod-installer-11
? Microsoft .NET Framework v1.1 | Download : http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26

For Windows 8 users : Microsoft .NET Framework's latest versions would be probably installed and versions of v1.1 might not support well. In these case, just download and run the installer. It might ask for compatibility options, just run without any help or using other compatibility options. While in the middle of installer, it might pop out some errors with address, just press "Cancel" and skip those. It might not do a successful installation, but it'll be enough for the SAMI to work. And as far as I've experienced with it, it won't bring any side effects.

NOTE: If you're too much aware, you can create a system recovery point before installation of .NET Framework v1.1

Installation

After downloading the required components, you can proceed with installation. First of all,  you gotta extract the files. Extract the files to a new clean directory/folder. You can find a installer file and "ReadMe.txt" file after extraction. Run the installer and install SAMI. Here are some pictures:

Just click on "Next".

Change the directory in case if you got a separate GTA SA for modding. I separate GTA SA to make it like "Modded Version" and "Normal Version".  And then, click on "Next".

Click on "Next" and the installation will be done successfully.

After installation, you might need to install Microsoft .NET Framework v1.1 in case if you don't have. Either you install it first or open SAMI to check easily whether it's installed already or not. Mine is already installed, so I don't need to check it out. For Windows 8 users, I've already mentioned a note above.

Common ERRORS - While opening SAMI
The first error would probably be about Microsoft .NET Framework v1.1, if so, just download and install. The other one would be about directory, but just ignore it. This would be the error:

Using SAMI

Okay so, after pressing "Okay" in case if you got that error popping out while running SAMI, you'll get the SAMI opened.

This tutorial is in regarding "Easy Modding - Replacing 100s of replacement files in seconds", so I'll just get straight to it. In case if you want to install any car mods which comes in .zip or .rar, just open them with SAMI and it can get replaced. Click on "Install a Mod" to install vehicle mods.

Installing Vehicle mods Easily : If you gotta install many vehicle mods which requires many replacement, I suggest you to add all .txd and .dff files in a whole folder and then compress it to a .RAR or .ZIP archive. Then, right click on the archive and choose "Install using SAMI" and then it can be installed very quickly providing backups for each mods. In this way, you can avoid wasting your time. Only vehicle mods would be installed very quickly in this way, for other mods, we must create scripts.

-

Click on "Scripter" after opening SAMI.

After clicking on "Scripter" it will ask you to choose a new project or open a project. If you don't have any projects, you can proceed by clicking "New"

It will ask you for the destination for your files to be saved. Create a new folder on the destination, and then save there. After saving, it will ask you to name your mod. Name your mod something and after that it will ask for description, you can describe something for your own mod or type any shits in case if it's for a personal use. After that it will be asking for the version of your mod, you can type anything. The rest boxes can be ignored by just pressing enter or even these can be ignored. I just take the first 3 in my concern, the others will be ignored in case if it's a personal use.

Now you can see several options like : "Add", "Delete", "Modify", "Duplicate" and "Batch Add" on the below of SAMI dialog. Click on "Batch Add" as we are going to get many mods installed in seconds. After clicking on "Batch Add", it will be asking for "Mass Create ImgAdd Commands" and "Mass Create FileAdd Commands". Click on the first box.

The next option is in regarding which IMG file to be replaced. In case if weapon mods, we generally use GTA3.img. And it's the default. If you got any mods to get replaced in player.IMG or any other, specify it and press "Ok".

The next box is in regarding your mod's destination. I've told you to create a new folder and save your SAMI script while in the beginning. Now you can name the name of your folder which comprises of the mods and then press "Ok".

The next box will be in regarding to add the mods. Browse the mods into the directory where you saved your SAMI script and then select all which is required. Once you're done adding those batches, click on "Save".
NOTE : You will be requiring your files to be replaced on the destination where your script is saved. If you specified the replacement folder within a folder, you must create the address like that or else it won't process well.

I'm gonna show an example of installing Millenia's weapon packages so that it will be much more elaborated than what I've mentioned on the above.

Example

I created a new directory on my Desktop naming "Example - SAMI". I opened it and saved my script with name "Mercer".

It asked for the name of the mod, I named it as "Mercer's Testing". After that it will ask for description, I ignored every boxes by clicking ENTER. (Because those aren't needed in case if it's a personal work.)

Now, click on "Batch Add" and choose "Mass Create ImgAdd Commands"

It will be asking for which IMG file to get processed in replacing. Millenia's weapon package uses GTA3.IMG, so I'm leaving it as how it is.

Okay so here, you gotta be careful. This is where you set the destination of your mods to get processed for installation. If you're copying your mods on the location where your SAMI file is present, just leave the box blank. Else if you want to create a sub folder and inside that the mods to be located, you can name the sub folder in that box.

Here, I'm naming it as "MercerFiles". Now minimize SAMI and get to the place where your SAMI script is saved. Here, I'm gonna get on Desktop and go to Example - SAMI. And then inside that, I'll create a new folder named "MercerFiles" and then copy all my .txd and .dff files to be replaced inside it.

After doing it, I'll get to SAMI and browse my mods which is to be added. I'll browse to "Desktop/Example - SAMI/MercerFiles" and add all the files from inside it.

Now click on "Save" and it will show "The script has been saved successfully." If you did this so, congratulations to yourself for creating your SAMI script. Now go to the location where you saved your script. Here, I'm going to my Desktop and get into Example - SAMI folder. Here's my folder:

And my files inside "MercerFiles":

Okay so I'm gonna get back to "Example - SAMI" folder and run my Mercer.sami script.

Click into "Continue" and then "Install" button. After installation, whether to test out, you can try clicking into "Play Gta SanAndreas".

NOTE: You'll see errors popping out while installing mods in case if your GTA SanAndreas is open. So make sure that it's not open.

Well, thanks for reading out my tutorial, in case if you got any troubles with following my tutorial, please mention it here or PM me. I did it a bit quickly so in case if there's any mistakes, please be free to correct me out! :- ) I'm also providing the "Example - SAMI" stuff which I've created.

Here's the link of it : http://www.solidfiles.com/d/dbf2c259b2/

Vehicle Modding - Using SAMI

Credits : [YG]Koro - For sending screens in regarding adding vehicle modifications. As per the request, I'm also explaining it with his pictures.

Open "SAMI" and then choose "Install a Mod".

If you got your vehicle mods inside a RAR/ZIP file, choose the RAR/ZIP file option or if it's on a folder, choose "Folder" option and browse for your files.

The browsing part applies for both RAR/ZIP files and folder. The only difference is that when you browse for RAR/ZIP file, choose an archive where as in a folder option, choose a folder which contains the mod. Here, [YG]Koro has submitted the picture of him adding a vehicle mod which was in folder, so follow these for now (As I said, it can be applied on RAR/ZIP too)

After browsing and choosing the folder, click "OK".

Now click "Continue" to get on the next step. It will already know which vehicle to get replaced, if you need to set a custom name for your vehicle, you can choose the custom name or type it.

NOTE: In some cases it might create bugs like failure to start the game when you write a custom text for vehicle, in these cases you can reinstall the mod once again and give no custom texts.

The next one will show the details in regarding the replacements, if you're not too much aware of it, simple click on "Continue".

Then your mod will be installed successfully and in case if you want to test it, click on "Play GTA SanAndreas".

Have fun modding quickly.

Regards,
Mercer.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 10:44:08 AM by Mercer »

[yg]kira_killer

Re: Easy Modding using SAMI (Replace 100s of replacement files in seconds)
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 10:46:17 AM »
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 12:08:34 PM by [YG]Koro »

Offline Vtk

• Platinum V.I.P
  • Senior Moderator
  • Discord: Vtk#8955
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 11:17:49 AM »
That's Amazing Tutorial Mercer
In Detail also In Order
Thank You  ;)
This is very useful tutorial and easy to understood.

Good old times!
https://youtu.be/3ULVzYlthRw - Adrenaline Rush - YoUnG Generation Gaming SAMP 3x
https://youtu.be/7Yk69GATdU4 - Party All The Time - YoUnG Generation Gaming [0.3x]
https://youtu.be/MC8QNZWJAJg - Racing Time - YoUnG Generation Gaming
https://youtu.be/okSIJFt_R8s - It's Christmas Time - YoUnG Generation Gaming

Offline [YG]Odedara

• Retired Administrator
  • boss
  • In Game: [YG]Odedara

Offline Rathan

• Proud to be in YG..
  • In Game: Rathan
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 02:23:11 PM »
Good for newbies and gond work...

Offline player

• Head Administrator
  • Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
  • In Game: player
  • Discord: player#5690

Offline DetectiveLight

• Nothing is impossible
  • In Game: DetectiveLight

Offline Johonny

• Retired Administrator
I respond to [YG] Clan applications and password reset requests within a week. Please be patient.

Offline Dejan

• Banned from YG
  • In Game: Dejan
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2013, 08:19:37 PM »
nice video bro

Lordz

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2013, 11:32:35 AM »
nice video bro
Seriously? Thanks anyway, and thanks to all. :- )

Offline KiRaN

• Senior Administrator
  • Gaming has been a great way to get to know people.
  • In Game: KiRaN
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2013, 11:58:49 AM »
Nice one da :)

Offline Areeb

• God Father
  • ~_~
    • Areeb Beigh
  • In Game: M4Shooter / Euphinx
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2013, 02:44:34 PM »
Awesome!!!

Off Topic : Damn u have windows 8 -.-!!!!!!!

My Works
1. Fusion Stunt (/stunt9)
2. Base Jump 4 (/bs4)
3. Base Jump 5 (/bs5)

My Website
Follow me on GitHub

Lordz

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2013, 02:50:02 PM »
Thanks JaZzZ and Areeb.
Off Topic : Damn u have windows 8 -.-!!!!!!!
Huh? What's the matter with it?

Offline [nM]ClouD

• Elite Member
  • In Game: [nM]ClouD
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2013, 04:09:52 PM »
Nice work man
May god have mercy upon our enemies because we won't.

Offline [YG]Jono

• [YG] Clan Moderator & Platinum V.I.P
  • Administrator
  • Always here to help anyone!
    • YoUnG Generations Website / Forum
  • In Game: [YG]Jono
  • Discord: BrillOBuffalo#1840
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2013, 03:35:18 PM »
Nice Job Mercer!